This workshop will be held at People for Animals and is free for activists, ecologist, social workers and artists on Dec 6th, 2016.
We will start at 11:00am and end at 3:45pm with a 45 min break for lunch. Please bring your own lunch. If you are attending you will be requested to stay for the entire workshop. Please RSVP below.
At this workshop we will be exploring:
- Understanding stress, burnout and compassion fatigue in the lives of activists and social change agents.
- Understanding what is mindfulness meditation and experiencing guided meditation practice
- Self-Compassion meditation
- Understanding of the Neuroscience behind these practices
- Relational Mindfulness activities are designed to help us bring attunement, deep listening and empathy in our inter-personal relationships.
We learn to shed light into our subconscious biases, such as comparing mind, judgments, separation, competition, other-ing, projecting or performing.
- "In deep and lasting ways, when we heal ourselves, we heal the world." -Mark Nepo
There would be explorations to extend the practice from formal sitting meditation into current, practical and political aspects of life such as our relationship with those around us, social justice issues and with our desire to respond with the current ecological crisis. We will talk about how we can awaken more fully to the Earth and our Inter-Existence?
If you would like to attend this workshop, please RSVP here: